Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The unknown violinist

This blog was never planned. I suddenly started it to find out something I have failed to do for the last 7 years. I downloaded a fabulous rendition of Amrithavarshini on violin from a violinist's site, but forgot the person's name (which is very unlikely for me). Upon my wife's suggestion, I am uploading the music here so that the entire internet population can identify the artist. Maybe the artist himself/herself will. The style resembles Lalgudi but it definitely is not the master himself -- I remember this much. So, here goes:

Amrithavarshini Alapana: 

Anandamrithavarshini

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No the style DOES NOT resembles Lalgudi at all. It is very similar to the style of Mysore Brothers. But their standards of playing usually are much higher. Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrmJAsTOjFE

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is from an authentic source.Violinist is Sri.Edappally Ajithkumar.pleaze give your feedback.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. Do you have the contact of Sri Edappally Ajithkumar so that I can email him?

      Delete